Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Butter(milk)

For something so simple, I feel very accomplished.  I didn't even know you could do this yourself so easily until recently. Today, I actually made my own butter and buttermilk!

Now I have always just bought butter at the store without a thought to how it is actually made or what it's made from. Who knew that all you need is some fresh cream and a mixer?

Why make my own butter? Well I was curious for one, and two, it does taste so much better since there are no additives or preservatives in it. I can't wait to try my hand at making some buttermilk buiscuts or pancakes.  Mmm!



2 comments:

  1. What kind of cream did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget the brand, but it was an organic heavy cream from whole foods.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...