Tuesday, June 26, 2012

2 Years

Two wonderful years of marriage. What an incredible blessing these years have been!

I have found my best friend and greatest love. What's more, I am more in love with him now than I was two years ago.

I walked down the aisle towards him with the full blown ugly cry and all of our friends and family watching. My heart was pounding and I was trying with everything in me to remember that moment and not let the excitement turn it into a passing blur of a memory. I was about to make a covenant with him before the Lord to commit myself to him for the rest of my life and was more than excited to do so.

But still, I loved him only a fraction of what I do now. Trials and many meals and fights and foot rubs and snuggles and holidays and walks and day trips and deep talks and hand holding and time and all the things later have grown us so much.

Not only that, but seeing Jon's love for me is the greatest reflection I've ever had of God's love for me. It humbles and blesses me to know that Jon can love me this much in spite of myself, and the Lord loves me even more that that!

I still cannot express just how deeply I love him even after two years. I think that is because it is ever changing, growing, and taking on new form. It is developing into something more profound with each new day.

Husbandman and wifewoman. Unabashedly in love and completely crazy. Filled with a persistant joy and peace. I cannot wait to celebrate the next gazillion years together for as long as the Lord allows.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yes isn't it so amazing and wonderful how it happens like that - how much more we love and respect our husbands as time goes by! Grateful..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...