Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New Traditions



I don't really have many favorite recipes or passed down secrets from my grandmother's mother.  I'm not even really that great of a cook.  My husband is normally the one that's creative in the kitchen.  I think because of this, when I find a good recipe, I stick to it and take pride in it as if it were my own.

Maybe one day I will have a whole stash of "family recipes" to pass on to my kids and start a tradition.  Maybe "my recipes" will be worth something to them as they learn to cook and start families of their own.  I can only dream. 

For now, my best tried-and-true recipe is for cupcakes.  You can find it here at Joy of Baking.  It's fairly dummy-proof, seeing as I accidentally put an extra stick of butter in the cupcake batter and they still taste amazing. Nomnomnom.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...