Monday, August 6, 2012

2.5

General musings at 2.5 months into living in Memphis:
I am thankful for the blessings of...

-  today being Jon's first day in the classroom as a teacher!


-  having met Godly men and women and building friendships here already.  Especially for watching the Olympics in our living room.


-  seeing Mom Tobin last weekend in Nashville, even if it was only briefly.  And for her thoughtfulness of picking up a ton of Tennessee brochures and info packets to help acclimate us more to the area.
- having the 3 darling babies to play with all the time and constantly remind me of God's provision.
- the care package of Lamplighter coffee and Hardywood beer, homemade jam, and this little gem from the Clinches.


- the DeRoco girls on skype.  I can't even begin to describe how much seeing their faces filled me with joy.  I love each and every one of you and miss you all very much!


- how incredibly refreshing the Memphis Dawls and The Vespers show was that we went to at a local coffee shop.  It was good to be around good art, hear good music and enjoy a good beer.  Happy heart.


- finishing my first batch of kombucha tea today! I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but it's exciting to try something new!
- Baby Lu was born!  So excited to meet Sloane Valerie Lu soon.  Congrats Ken and Christine!


- new jeans. For some reason a new pair of great-fitting pants can really be a great pick-me-up.
- Tomatos being in peak season!


It is important to keep remembering the big picture of why we are here and not to get bogged down with the fears that come with moving to a new city.  I think I am most thankful for the people around me that have consistently helped in reminding me of that. We aren't here by some fluke or mistake or accident, we have been called here. If it's not always obvious, it doesn't mean it's not true.  We may have been here 2 and a half months, but it takes longer than that to realize the full picture. Things don't always come to fruition overnight, and it's that patient watchfulness that fills in the gaps between now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Taking a look at the big picture and the blessings really does help bring some happy and encouraging perspective! And oh my word. What a delicious little baby peanut! I can't get over how adorable that little hat is. Congratulations to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love everything about this post..!
    It makes my heart so so glad to know that you guys are finding good folk over there. Also, I'm really excited about Jon teaching-I would totally take a class that he was teaching...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...