Thursday, February 7, 2013

Late Lunch

Sometimes, I get so busy at work that I forget to eat lunch. It's not that I am not hungry, but more just that I really get into the zone and all other things fade into the background. Someone could be standing next to me saying my name and I could tune it out if I'm really focused.

Today is one of those days. I have been so busy, that I forgot to eat until 2pm.  It was unseasonably warm today. There was a faint smell of warm earth mixed with the fresh growing things that Spring induces wafting in the air. Blanket and plate of bounty in hand, Mac and I went forth into the sunshine that has been coyly hiding from us these past few months.

We took a solid 45 minutes to bask in it. Mac even took time to roll in the grass, which made made him snort with delight. I, however, was most displeased since he JUST got a bath this morning. Still, with a good meal and the warm sun, I couldn't be upset for long. How very refreshing that little break was. A late lunch is better than no lunch, right?

Homemade dill pickles, fresh-baked sourdough bread sandwich, grapes, kettle chips, and a healthy dose of Vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...