Friday, May 3, 2013

Slower

Today, an unseasonably cold and dreary weather front moved in. It has turned all things to shimmering wet and the air smells of damp earth. Days of 80-degree sunshine had forced many things into bloom, but their petals have all since fallen and washed away in the deluge. The ground is speckled in little white and pale pink petals that look much like dappled snow. Still, the lush green in the trees prevails. I find that it feels much like I am in a tree house canopy whenever I glance out one of the many tall windows. Such large rooms, such high ceilings. They echo the sound of the rain so beautifully. I have been playing old French music like Fréhel or beautiful orchestral and piano pieces while I work and allowing it to fill in the spaces where the furnishings are lacking. The slower pacing of the day has allowed me to let the self-prescribed pressures to clean and unpack simply wash away with the rain. 



I needed this today, even though it still came as a surprise. My busy hands, busy mind needed a pause.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...