Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cooking My Way Through Winter

source




With the cold of late January fairly well settled in and no signs of life or growing things outside, it's easy to slump into the winter blues. There's only so much of being cooped up inside huddling for warmth and watching Netflix I can take before I get really antsy. Usually, it happens long before spring has even thought of showing herself yet. Nights are long, limbs are stiff, and there is never enough sunshine or warm tea to satisfy. And so it goes, every winter for me.

To try to beat the gloom, I've been cooking up a storm. It helps greatly that friends have lately been sharing their favorite recipes with me. It also helps that the results of said recipes have helped convince my husband and our housemate that I am a culinary genius. Not true by any means, but I'll take the praise anyways.

I've been creating a doc online to house my most favorite recipe finds in a central location. It's not long yet, but growing constantly. Some are my own recipes, others are shared from blogs, cookbooks, or friends. It's been a major breakthrough for me, since I can organize it in a way that makes sense to me and can share with friends more easily. Notably the best feature is now being able to access my recipes from my computer or phone at a moment's notice. It has proven to be immensely helpful, given that I often forget to write down my grocery lists. "Was it butternut or summer squash that was required for that soup?" Now I can check the recipe on my phone. It was butternut. Crisis averted. Boom.

Curious to see it? Well I just figured out how to publish it, so I can now share it with you. Just click below for my little recipe list.  Enjoy, and please let me know if you have any you would like to share!

My Favorite Recipes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...