Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Roman Holiday

This bipolar weather has made it difficult to not grumble. Especially so since I awoke this morning with the realization that the trees have ignored the chilly bout and decided to begin their yearly attack on my allergies. Cold weather and allergies? No thank you.

I decided to cheer myself up by watching one of my favorite movies, Roman Holiday. This 1953 Audrey Hepburn classic reminds me of summertime and far-away adventures.



Watching this movie made me long to be in Italy again. Last summer, Jon and I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Rome. It has become my most favorite city I've ever visited and I daydream of it often. I decided to take a few cues from Audrey today in my outfit. I think I got pretty close, no?



Ah, Italia. The meandering streets perfumed with the flowers draping over balconies overhead, the novelty of turning a corner and seeing ancient wonders tucked away in an alley, the cappuccino. Ahhhh, the gelato! Italian culture is just so vibrant. It absolutely captivates me. We often found ourselves leisurely lounging on piazza steps and enjoying a pizza with vino. From this vantage point, you can watch children play soccer barefoot and vendors selling their wares until sunset. Then there's always the buzz of the scooters. From the young in jeans to the fancy businessmen in suits, everyone rides scooters.



Let's just all pretend we're in Rome until the weather finally makes up its mind, shall we?



1 comment:

  1. what a dreamy post! and SPOT ON with the audrey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...