Friday, January 29, 2016

January 2016

Hello, 2016. You already feel like a big year and we are not even a full month in yet! Just since Christmas, there have been a bunch of changes.

Jon started his training for the Boston marathon this April. The cold weather has made this a challenge, but he's finding ways to still get out there. He also had another job change in which he was recruited to teaching full time again for the rest of this school year.



Elias got his first 2 teeth, started saying mamama (mostly at the dog), can now crawl (usually only in reverse, though), and can pull up to stand for extended periods of time. My favorite new development of his is the amount of giggles he is producing. Seriously, this kid kills me.



As for me, I've finally buckled down and started meal planning each week. It's drastically reduced the stress levels of our evenings and lowered our budget. I also fell down the steps while holding Elias, which is way up there on the list of most terrifying experiences of my life. Thankfully, my Mama instincts kicked in and I rolled to protect him, but I unfortunately sprained my left foot.

We also got our first snow of the season. It was more of a dusting than anything, but it was still fun to let Elias discover this winter wonder for the first time. We took the opportunity to take a bundled walk to get coffee at a local café and dress Eli up yet again in his bear suit. We can't seem to find coats for babies, so I'm glad the bear suit is getting lots of use!



Cheers to a new year. Judging by the start of it, I think we better hang on tight because it's already packed quite the punch.

2 comments:

  1. Great update Amanda! It will be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...